What Insurance Do I Need as an Amateur Photographer?


If photography is your passion, then you’ll want your insurance to be as serious about your hobby as you are. After all, cameras are designed to be taken out and about with you and accidents can happen. Should the worst occur, you’ll have peace of mind with your comprehensive camera insurance cover from Glover & Howe.

Whether you’re trying to capture your children’s first steps, a stunning landscape to show your friends or a quick snap, we believe that Glover & Howe will be able to service your insurance requirements.

Why do I need insurance as an amateur photographer?

As we’re sure that you’re aware, camera equipment can be expensive and protecting your valuable assets whilst using them not only gives you peace of mind but also protects your sizeable investment into your hobby.

Unfortunately, accidents can happen anywhere. Whether you’re in the home or out of it, and quite often, these can be out of your control. Similarly, should a theft take place and your kit falls victim, it enables you to jump straight back into shooting – especially useful if you’re in the middle of a photography course!

Another benefit of insuring your equipment on a specialist policy with Glover & Howe is that you won’t lose your all your built-up no claims discount on your household policy if you need to make a small camera claim.

What you can get when you buy Glover & Howe Amateur Photographer Insurance:

  • ‘All-risks’ cover in the home and away
  • Automatic worldwide cover for up to 60 days per trip (no limit of trips) with the option to extend
  • Unattended vehicle cover included – subject to policy condition
  • 10% excess of any agreed claim, subject to a minimum of £50 and a maximum of £150
  • Type of cover – ‘Full replacement’ 

Our Amateur Photographer Insurance is an ideal annual policy for the enthusiastic photographer, with the standard cover starting from as little as just £25 per year! It also includes a wide-ranging specification of equipment, including laptops, digital cameras, camcorders, binoculars and iPads. Most of which are essential for an aspiring photographer when they’re learning the ropes of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom.

At Glover & Howe, we understand that as a keen photographer, you’ll want to take your camera with you on your travels, that’s why we offer automatic worldwide cover for up to 60 days per trip. However, if you’re away with work or planning a lengthy adventure, you can extend your policy to suit!

Our insurance is designed to give you complete peace of mind and that’s why we can cover against loss, accidental damage, and theft.

Glover & Howe have over 50 years of experience in photography insurance, and boast a friendly, knowledgeable in-house claims team. Find out more about our Amateur Photographer Insurance and speak to team about your requirements on 01206 814500.

Posted in Help and Advice, Photography | Comments Off on What Insurance Do I Need as an Amateur Photographer?