What Should Your Photography Insurance Policy Cover?

GettyImages-891373436Photography insurance is probably one of those things that you know you need, but haven’t got around to sorting yet. You’d rather spend your time concentrating on perfecting your photographs than worry about exclusions and limitations.It’s uncommon that anything catastrophic will go wrong whilst you’re on a shoot, but, would you want to take that risk and literally bet your equipment on it? When we consider insurance, we tend to limit the risks in our own mind to dropping a lens, or an accidently pushing over our tripod, but the truth it, these are the ‘best’ accidents to have.

As a professional photographer, risks to you and your business have no limits and could include an injury obtained during a photoshoot to extensive damage to studio property.

With these risks in-mind for the professional photographer, we’ve highlighted what your photography insurance policy should cover to ensure you’re protected.

Equipment Coverage

When you think about a photography insurance policy cover, you think about protecting your equipment. Glover & Howe’s insurance policy will cover your cameras, lenses, lights, accessories, laptops, and so on.

One mistake, and not even necessarily your own, can prove very expensive to fix if you do not have adequate insurance and protection. Your camera equipment is the lifeblood of your business, and a camera damaged by rainfall or an unprotected lens rolling out of a camera bag and smashing on rocks is the last expense you need.

At Glover & Howe, we offer “full replacement” cover, including theft from an unattended vehicle. This means that whether you’re a victim of circumstance or a burglary, your photographic insurance will support you.

General Liability

General liability insurance is what will cover you for causing any injury to yourself or others, property damage, and related accidents. If you’re a professional photographer who rents a studio space to capture a specific look for your client, you run the risk of damaging property that is not your own.

Glover & Howe’s photographic policy gives you the option to add Public Liability, Professional Indemnity, Employers Liability and many more covers available upon request.

Here’s a brief breakdown of what they are:


  • Public Liability insurance covers the cost of legal action and compensation claims made against your business if a third party is injured or their property suffers damage whilst at your business premises or when you are working in their property.
  • Professional Indemnity insurance covers financial loss. In the event of your service or advice causing damage to their reputation, or lost them money, Professional Indemnity insurance covers the cost of paying compensation and associated legal fees.
  • Our Employers’ Liability insurance complies with current U.K. legislation relating to compulsory insurance for any legal liability for damages arising from injury to employees in connection with their employment.

Why Glover & Howe?

With over 50 years of experience in photographic insurance, we understand how much your camera equipment means to you. That’s why we boast a specialist in-house claims team to ensure that should you need to make a claim, it’s dealt with in full, in a timely and efficient manner.

Click here to start calculating your quote.

Protect your photography equipment and have peace of mind with Glover & Howe. If you have any further questions about our specialist photographer insurance, speak to team about your requirements on 01206 814500.

Posted in Insurance Business, Photography, Photography Interest | Comments Off on What Should Your Photography Insurance Policy Cover?